New Student Registration for Athens City Schools
Athens City Schools is excited that online registration for new students opens Monday, July 4.
Online registration replaces our previous system of registering at Central Office and/or at individual schools. The new system is more convenient for parents/guardians as it is available on a 24-hour basis with no waiting in line.
Monday, July 4, Registration for new students only
Monday, July 18, Re-enrollment for students already in Athens City Schools
Google Chrome is the recommended web browser for using SchoolMint
Notifications: Once you have successfully uploaded forms, you will be notified by email or text message stating “Registration Completed”. You will receive a “Registration Verified” notification once our staff has reviewed your documents and verified your address and school zone. For questions about your school zone, please call Mike O’Rear at 256-233-6600, Ext. 1106.
Information Required for Registration:
1. Parent/Guardian Picture ID
2. Birth Certificate (or alternative documentation in absence of a birth certificate)
3. Social Security Card (Optional) SS CARD MAY BE BROUGHT IN INSTEAD OF UPLOADED. If student does not have a SSN, a temporary number shall be assigned as specified by the ALSDE.
4. AL Immunization Blue Card- Upload a copy. MUST BRING ORIGINAL TO CENTRAL OFFICE OR SCHOOL FOR ENROLLMENT TO BE COMPLETE.
5. Proof of Residence (Current utility bill, mortgage statement or rent lease agreement. When two families reside at the same addreass, a Landlord Letter may be submitted).
6. Custody Papers (If divorced OR if you are not the parent listed on the birth certificate)
7. Last Report Card
K-8th grade- Last Report Card
9-12th grade- Unofficial Transcript
LINK: athenscity.schoolmint.net or
Sign Up (at the bottom) to create an account. If you’ve already created an account, sign in with your cell number or email address and password.
To upload forms:
1. Scan and upload documents.
2. Download (free) SchoolMint app for Android or IOS device. This will allow you to take photos of the forms and upload them directly.