2016 Athens Football Schedules
GOLDEN EAGLE BULLETIN
MENU FOR MARCH 29, 2017 MENU FOR MARCH 30, 2017
Hot Dog w/Chili Slaw or Pizza Turkey Roast or Pizza
Oven Rounds Whipped Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli
Baked Beans Rolls
Fruit Fruit, Golden Eagle Cake
OR Salad OR Sandwich Plate OR Salad OR Sandwich Plate
ATHENS HIGH SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT:
Our mission is to be a progressive, high-quality school that connects students and their families to a caring, traditional community.
GENERAL INFORMATION: MARCH 27 – MARCH 31, 2017:
Monday, March 27— Focus Bell Schedule Faculty Meeting, 3:15 p.m.
AP Biology Cognitive Treasure Hunt
Tuesday, March 28 —Focus Bell Schedule Makeup Faculty Meeting, 7:10 a.m.
JROTC Accreditation Inspection
Advisory Community Meeting,
11:15 a.m., Library Conference Room
Wednesday, March 29 — Focus Bell Schedule
Thursday, March 30 — Focus Bell Schedule Faculty Focus
Friday, March 31 — Focus Bell Schedule SST Meeting
· We are proud to announce the results of the SCA officer elections:
The 2017 – 2018 Student Council Association officers are:
President: Emma Preston
Vice President: Mary Beth Smith
Secretary: Ashlyn Roberts
Treasurer: Kate Preston
Congratulations to these students!
· Congratulations to Ally Williams for her 2nd place finish at the Spain Park Invitational golf tournament at Greystone!
· Congratulations to Alex Vergara and Hadley Gilmore! Their artworks were selected for the 2017 Statewide High School Juried Art Exhibit and will be on display in the Shelby County gallery from April 23rd through May 15th.
· Congratulations to our Track Team! At Muscle Shoals on Thursday, the Boys placed 2nd overall out of 20 teams. The Girls placed 8th overall out of 19 teams.
· NHS/Beta Club combined meeting on Tuesday, April 4, in the library. All members of both organizations should plan to attend either the 7:35 AM meeting or the 3:10 PM meeting.
· Earth Day shirts are on sale now through Thursday, April 7. Profit from these shirts will be awarded to a school in our school system for a beautification project. Shirts are military green in color, short sleeves, and cost $15 each. See a SCA member on stage during lunch to place your order.
· First Priority will be meeting Thursday morning in the library at 7:30 a.m. Please join us. Breakfast will be provided.
· BREAKFAST: Beginning Monday, April 3, there will be one breakfast served at 7:30 a.m. in the cafeteria. The 9:00 a.m. breakfast will be suspended for now.
· SENIORS: Check your school email for a new newsletter and more scholarship opportunities.
· The9th Annual Apex Leadership Summit at Ole Miss will be offered June 4-7, June 21-24 and July 9-12. Current juniors/rising seniors will have the opportunity to experience a program packed with leadership development, team building and sessions in ethics, social responsibility, problem solving and resumes. Cost would be $50. Please see Mrs. Smith if interested. Deadline is Thursday, April 13.
· The Wetland Environmental Learning Projects is hosting the 3rd annual summer camp from June 5-8. It is located 10 miles south of Lake Guntersville in the valley of Big Spring Creek. Students interested in learning more about natural resources and environmental sciences should see Mrs. Smith for more information.
· The Stanford University Pre-Collegiate Studies offers nine engaging academic programs throughout the summer. To learn more about the programs and how to apply visit https://spcs.stanford.edu/collegecounselor.
· TheTalladega College Summer Institute is for entering freshmen and will take place June 19- July 14. This four-week residential program is to prepare entering freshmen for academic success. More information is available in the Guidance Department.
· SOCCER this week:
Friday, March 31: East Limestone @ Athens JVB-5:00 p.m. VB-7:00 p.m.
· Interact Meeting: Thursday, March 30, at 9:30 a.m. in the theatre. This is a very important meeting. Please plan to attend. If you are still interested in becoming a member, see Mrs. Shannon Carter before Thursday.
· The Sophomore Class will be selling Poptarts, candy, drinks, and water in the cafeteria in between 1st & 2nd blocks, in Mrs. Clem's room, and in Mr. Risner's on Thursdays.
· AHS BELL SCHEDULE
MARCH 20 – APRIL 17, 2017
1ST BLOCK 8:00 A.M. – 9:27 A.M.
2ND BLOCK 9:32 A.M. – 10:59 A.M.
3RD BLOCK 11:04 A.M. – 12:56 P.M.
A LUNCH: 11:14 A.M. – 11:38 A.M.
B LUNCH: 11:42 A.M. – 12:03 P.M.
C LUNCH: 12:07 A.M. – 12:28 P.M.
D LUNCH 12:32 P.M. – 12:56 P.M.
FOCUS 1:01 P.M. – 1:53 P.M.
4TH BLOCK 1:58 P.M. – 3:05 P.M.
è All absences and tardies will be based on the “A” day time schedule and applied to those blocks.