2016 Athens Football Schedules
GOLDEN EAGLE BULLETIN
MENU FOR THURSDAY, 2-16-2017 MENU FOR FRIDAY, 02-17-2017
Taco Salad, Lett/Tom/Cheese Cheeseburger or Pizza
Jalapeno Pepper Slices, Tortilla Chips Lett/Tom/Dills, Oven Rounds
Wheat Roll, Chili Beans Baked Beans
OR Salad or Sandwich Plate OR Salad OR Sandwich Plate
ATHENS HIGH SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT:
Our mission is to be a progressive, high-quality school that connects students and their families to a caring, traditional community.
GENERAL INFORMATION: FEBRUARY 13 – FEBRUARY 17, 2017:
Monday, February 13 — Bell Schedule “A” Balfour here to collect Senior graduation orders
Tech School Freshmen Tour (8:25 – 10:15 a.m.)
Tuesday, February 14 —Bell Schedule “A” Tech School Freshmen Tour (8:25 – 10:15 a.m.)
Wednesday, February 15 — Bell Schedule “A” Tech School Freshmen Tour (8:25 – 10:15 a.m.)
Thursday, February 16— Bell Schedule “A” Tech School Freshmen Tour (8:25 –
Friday, February 17 — Bell Schedule “A” Career Expo 8:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Tech School Freshmen Tour (8:25 –
Saturday, February 18 Chili Challenge
· Our very own Alexis Woods is up for Applebee's Athlete of the Week! Visit http://playactionsports.wixsite.com/tailgatetalk to vote for her!
· INTERACT CLUB: If you didn't get the opportunity to join us at our first meeting, it's not too late. Please come by Mrs. Carter's office (old nurse’s office) and sign up. Our next meeting will be held Thursday, February 23, at 9:30 a.m..
· Students signed up to attend the HOSA field trip to Atlanta: Permission forms and money are due to Mrs. Greenhaw or Mrs. Reynolds no later than Thursday, February 23.
· Parents and teachers are invited to attend an organizational meeting to establish a Parent Teacher Organization for Athens High School. This meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, February 21, in the Athens High School cafeteria. We look forward to seeing you there!
· Power Up: It's a Mother Daughter Thing will take place on Tuesday, March 21, from 5:30-8:30 pm at the AIDT/Alabama Workforce Training Center located at 3500 6th Ave. South, Birmingham, AL 35222. It will be a night to educate, engage and encourage mother and daughters to explore career opportunities in the construction industry. It is open to all 6th-12th grade. Those students selected must attend with a female legal guardian. Applications are available in the Guidance Department. Deadline is February 16.
· All CO-OP students are required to submit their January work hours to Mrs. L. Jones by Friday, February 17th.
· Attention FBLA members: Students interested in attending the Alabama FBLA State Leadership conference on April 6-7 (Thursday/Friday) in Birmingham should sign up with Mrs. L. Jones or Mrs. Foster by Wednesday, February 22. A $50 nonrefundable deposit is due by February 22.
· SCA is selling Golden Eagle apparel and spirit items through Fan Cloth. The sale will last through Friday, February 24. See our school website to find out what is available. See a SCA member to purchase an item and support our Athens Golden Eagle Eagles! SCA members should turn in money and catalog by February 24.
· The AHS Career Expo will be Friday, February 17, from 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. in the gym.
· Attention SCA members: Anyone interested in attending the State SCA conference on April 9-10 (Sunday/Monday) at The University of Alabama should sign up with Mrs. Clem by Friday, February 24. A $50 nonrefundable deposit is due by February 24.
· The Student Council Association would like to invite all students to help with packing the food for the Full Tummy Project on Wednesday, February 22, at 3:15 p.m. in the cafeteria.
· AHS Book Club will meet Tuesday, February 21, (a change from the original date) immediately after school in the library. We will be discussing Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. Books are available in the library for check out. See you there!
· Are you looking for volunteer hours and have some spare time after school? The Learn To Read Council is looking for tutors in the After School Tutor Program. Contact 256-274-2366 if you are interested.
· The Sophomore Class will be selling Poptarts, candy, drinks, and water in the cafeteria in between 1st & 2nd blocks, in Mrs. Clem's room, and in Mr. Risner's on Thursdays.