- I graduated from the University of Alabama in Huntsville in 1986 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Elementary Education, Magna Cum Laude.
- I received Early Childhood Certification from Athens State University in 1987.
- I graduated from the University of North Alabama with a Master of Arts in Education (School Counseling) in 2000.
- I received Psychometry Certification from Alabama A&M University in 2009.
- I taught at Athens Bible School and Owens Elementary for 8 years.
- When my children were babies, I worked as a substitute teacher in the Athens City Schools.
- I started work as a Title Counselor at Tanner High School in 1999. I worked as the High School Counselor at Tanner for grades 7-12 for 5 years. I worked as the Elementary Counselor at Tanner High School for 2 years.
- I worked as the Elementary Counselor at Owens for 1 year.
- I have worked at Athens High School since July 2008.
- I was born in Decatur, Alabama.
- I have lived in Athens and Limestone County all of my life.
- I am married to Bill Wales. We have 3 sons - Ben, Tom and Sam. Ben graduated from the University of Alabama with a degree in Computer Science, Tom graduated from Auburn University with degrees in Architecture and Interior Architecture and Sam is a student at Athens High School.
- I am a member of Central Church of Christ.
- In my spare time, I enjoy reading and cooking.
- I am a National Board Certified Teacher Specializing in School Counseling. I am a Past President of the Alabama Counseling Association, Chapter I.